2015 Chevy Cruze Baltimore MD
|Date of Theft||3/22/18|
|Location of Theft||Baltimore MD Martin Luther king blvd|
|Police Report Filed?||Yes|
|Name of Police Agency||Baltimore city police|
Here’s the Story…
Last night a pretty significant event happened to me. I’m not sharing this for sympathy or attention but I want other to know what happened to me so they protect themselves.
Last night, on my way to work, I had stopped at a red light. I always stop at this light and the kids at this light wash my windows and i give them a dollar or two.
Well last night, I unrolled my window to tell them I didn’t have any money on me today but I would pay them tomorrow on my way to work. It was at this time the young boy (around 10 years old) reached into my passenger side window and grabbed my wallet. I also grabbed it. We struggled for a second but he got it.
Without thinking i jumped out my of car, chased him down about 50 feet, jumped on top of him trying to climb over a brick wall, and after a short scuffle, retrieved my wallet.
I stood up and turned around to see my car had then been stolen.
There were about 50 people at this intersection. NOONE stopped to help, not to stop the boy, not to stop the car thieves (in fact people actually moved their cars out of the way so they could get through with it). Not to help me when I was wrestling this kid for my wallet. In fact two other boys stood 20 feet away laughing.
One couple pulled up while they were calling the police and stayed with me until they got there. We still haven’t recovered my car, and I don’t know if they will.
What i do know is
1. getting out of the car was obviously the dumbest thing I could have done. But hindsight is 20/20. HE took something that belonged to me and I don’t just roll over without a fight.
2. Those kids are young. Some may say they don’t know any better or are a victim of their circumstances, but i disagree. While I was waiting for the cops with the couple, a young boy ( 7ish), stopped and helped give a description…and then he offered me his coat because I looked cold. Faith in humanity restored.
3. To the kids who tried to steal my wallet, and who stole my car. Your life is going to be filled with such hardships. You will more than likely be in and out of jail your entire life. You will more than likely become addicted at some point to some drug you encounter on the street if you aren’t already. You may eventually be homeless. All of this is your future and its a sad one. But don’t ever blame the system for your circumstances. You are not a victim of your circumstance. Your a predator. You make excuses for the way you live your life and you blame those around you that have worked their asses off to get where they are ( I.E. ME). One day you will be laying up in one of those hospital beds whether its because you OD and were found down, or you were shot or stabbed in a gang fight, or maybe it was a freezing cold night and you were found down and brought to the hospital. So let me tell you this, I’m a nurse, and I will STILL take care of you. You traumatized me. You left me alone of the streets of Baltimore after stealing my car with my entire life in it. You probably laughed the entire time. I won’t laugh when I see you laying in that hospital bed. I will bath you, suction out your ETT every 5 minutes when you need. If your heart stops and your still a full code, I will give you compressions just the same as if you were my own child. If your heart stops and you are a Do Not Resuscitate, I will give you the compassionate care every human being deserves at the end of life.
To everyone else, protect yourself.. I found out later that night that there were 3 other car thefts, and three shooting victims connected to those car thefts. How I got lucky and was not one of them I am thanking God for. I get to spend another day with my husband and daughter. A wallet or any other device can be replaced. I haven’t lost faith in humanity, I just know better now.
- STOLEN 2000 HONDA CIVIC
- Stolen John Deere 317G with Auger and Trailer
- Stolen Can Am Maverick
- Stole My Truck While I Was At Work
- Ranch King Utility Trailer Stolen
- Stolen Dodge Cummins 4×4 White Single Cab
- Stolen Hallmark Trailer Was My Daddy’s That Is In Heaven
- Stolen 2018 Specialized Fuse
- Wells Cargo Trailer Loaded With Tools – Stolen
- Thieves Stole My Car