Bright Blue Yamaha Cruiser Stolen
|Date of Theft||March 21st, 2020|
|Location of Theft||Forest Isles Apartments - parking lot by Building 5620 behind the dog park near the south laundry/mail room|
|County / Region / Province||Orleans Parish|
|Police Report Filed?||Yes|
|Name of Police Agency||New Orleans Police Department|
Here’s the Story…
I came home from work at 5 am Saturday March 21st and parked behind Building 5620 by the dog park and the south laundry/mail facility. On Sunday around 12:30 pm I left to go to work and the bike was nowhere to be found. I called maintenance after hours to see if it had possibly been towed and they told me no, to report it to the police as a stolen vehicle. I checked the entire parking lot twice before calling it in, notifying my team lead at work at Coca Cola in Harahan I would be a bit late coming in. They told me they have teenage kids from the surrounding neighborhoods come up the levee and take vehicles out that way however I find it hard to believe someone would push a 540 pound bike 1000 yards in the soft grass to the neighborhood streets under the Woodland Highway bridge over the canal between Algiers and Belle Chasse. Although I didn’t have the steering locked the ignition requires a chip key to start so I don’t see what some teenage kids would think they were accomplishing. They would have also left some impressive tire tracks. Probably lifted by several people and put in a box truck or U Haul and driven out the front gate, which is guarded. When I filed the police report NOPD told me another bike was stolen from the same complex that weekend.
I bought this bike from Halls MotorSports of New Orleans as a leftover 2018 model last June. Dustin over there said it had been in stock for at least 9 months (I first saw it there in September 2018) and I got a sweet deal on it, got financing through America First Credit Union. I’d rather get it back, even if damaged, as simply paying off the loan will not reimburse me for the $1800 down payment I made. If it can be fixed then I’m only on the hook for the $500 deductible. Most likely this was a professional hit and it has been pieced and boxed and is in transit to Indonesia or some other Asian country. I don’t remember the plate number and the leasing office who has a record of it is locked down due to COVID-19.
- 5000 Woodland Drive Apt. 36 New Orleans Louisiana 70131
- Stolen Travel Trailer, Forest River Sonoma SMALL
- Stolen 1955 Mercedes 190 SL and enclosed 16′ dual axle Horton Hauler faded white trailer
- STOLEN MOTORCYLE from Front Yard
- Stolen Silver Plate Bowl with Candlesticks
- REWARD – Stolen Club Car Golf Carts
- Thanks for everyone who looked for my trailer. The Wichita Police found it while serving a warrant .
- Mavic Air Drone – White – Lost or Stolen – in gray zipper case
- 2011 BMW 335I SEDAN STOLEN
- 2000 Honda Civic CX Stolen
- Snow White and her Seven Dwrafs Concrete Statues Stolen