FRENCH HORN STOLEN
|Date of Theft||August 12, 2019|
|Location of Theft||In front of #250 West 100th St. (The Whitehall) - Upper West Side, Manhattan|
|County / Region / Province||New York|
|Type of Equipment||French Horn in Nickel Silver|
|Orientation||This a vintage instrument manufactured in 1939 and recently refurbished. It has several distinguishing features which include dime extensions on the valve keys, a Dieter Otto Adjustable hand rest, copper plating on the slides, and a unique thumb valve string linkage. The horn was in a black nylon Protec traditional hard case (for non-removeable bells) . Its contents included an extra leadpipe (Seraphinoff) taped to the horn, an Atkinson B5 mouthpiece, and a mute.|
|Police Report Filed?||Yes|
|Name of Police Agency||New York City Police Department|
|Case Number||# 2019 - 024 - 003416|
Here’s the Story…
On or about 10:15 on the evening of August 12, 2019 the French horn was left either in the hatch of a 2018 Subaru Outback, or possibly, on the pavement directly behind the car and between two parked cars. At the time, the owner ultimately presumed it to have been taken to his apartment by a family member. When its absence was noticed the following morning, and no trace of it found at the spot where it was last seen, it was presumed taken, and duly reported to the police at the 24th Precinct.
The instrument is a vintage horn of rare provenance, and is irreplaceable to its owner, who seeks its recovery – No questions asked.
- West 100th St. NEW YORK New York 10025
- Stolen 1996 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
- Ford Econoline RV Stolen
- Puch Maxi 79′ Stolen in SF
- Stolen Travel Trailer, Forest River Sonoma SMALL
- KC Moto Theft
- STOLEN MOTORCYLE from Front Yard
- Stolen Silver Plate Bowl with Candlesticks
- Thanks for everyone who looked for my trailer. The Wichita Police found it while serving a warrant .
- Mavic Air Drone – White – Lost or Stolen – in gray zipper case
- Snow White and her Seven Dwrafs Concrete Statues Stolen