Stolen Oil Landscape Painting - Geo Duchesne
Here’s the Story…
UPDATE 8/21/2015 – RECOVERED!
A man who came into possession of the painting realized it was stolen after a Google search led to it’s listing on Stolen 911. Since January, Nellie Hill heard nothing after reporting the painting stolen to police and posting it to Stolen 911. That all changed on August 20th, when a phone call came in 7 months after the theft. That call was form a Marin County man who had come into possession of the painting. Within a day, Hill had her painting back. “Some people said I would never see it again.” “I was surprised when the call came in” said Hill.
ORIGINAL POST from 1/27/2015…
This painting was delivered by UPS in a bike-size package, put behind the house. Within an hour the painting was taken in the package.
The stolen painting is about 22 x 29” and the frame is another few inches. The frame is a lightweight brown wooden frame, somewhat loose (and dusty). The painting is an oil of a flat forest of aspen or birch with a dirt road going up the middle, bright light of sun after rain. My guess is it’s early or mid-20th century, or later. I have three photos.
CASH REWARD. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
|Date of Theft||1/26/2015|
|Location of Theft||Berkeley, CA|
|Police Report Filed?||Yes|
|Name of Police Agency||Berkeley PD|
- Stolen 88 Honda Civic (creamy sedan)
- STOLEN 05 FORD F450 CREW CAB SUPER DUTY flatbed tow truck
- Stolen Ford Ranger
- Stolen mazda 3
- Stolen 10×8 Black Utility Trailer
- Stolen Red Ford F-350 and Red 44′ Cargo Trailer
- Stolen 2006 Ford F-250
- 1993 Nissan Pathfinder Gray STOLEN 12/6/18
- Stolen 2004 Buick LaSabre
- STOLEN TRUCK (FORD EXPLORER)
Most Viewed Today
- Stolen Hyosung GT650 (7 views)
- 2 Stolen Trailers (4 views)
- 48″ Roku Tcl tv (3 views)
- Single Axle Trailer Stolen from the Houston Heights (3 views)
- 2000 Yamaha R6 (3 views)