|Date of Theft||april 5, 2017|
|Location of Theft||home|
|Type of Weapon||Winchester 1892 lever action 38/40 repeating rifle|
|Police Report Filed?||Yes|
|Name of Police Agency||Gallatin County Sherriff|
Here’s the Story…
The Winchester Model 1892 was a lever-action repeating rifle designed by John Browning as a smaller, lighter version of his large-frame Model 1886, and which replaced the Model 1873 as the company’s lever-action for pistol-caliber rounds such as the .44-40.
The .38-40 Winchester is actually a .40 caliber cartridge shooting .401 caliber bullets. The cartridge was introduced by Winchester in 1874 and is derived from their .44-40 Winchester. This cartridge was introduced for rifles, but in its reintroduction for Cowboy Action Shooting it has seen some popularity as a pistol cartridge. It is not particularly well suited to hunting larger game, but it was popular when it was introduced, along with the previous .44-40 Winchester, for deer hunting. It can be used successfully on smaller game animals, and for self-defense. Current loadings are intended for revolvers.
- Stolen 1996 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
- Ford Econoline RV Stolen
- Puch Maxi 79′ Stolen in SF
- Stolen Travel Trailer, Forest River Sonoma SMALL
- KC Moto Theft
- STOLEN MOTORCYLE from Front Yard
- Stolen Silver Plate Bowl with Candlesticks
- Thanks for everyone who looked for my trailer. The Wichita Police found it while serving a warrant .
- Mavic Air Drone – White – Lost or Stolen – in gray zipper case
- Snow White and her Seven Dwrafs Concrete Statues Stolen